Plantation shutters have always been a popular decorative window treatment option because of their elegance and classic charm. These windows are straightforward to install and even easier to use if you have a do-it-yourself knack. However, installing plantation shutters is not for everyone, and there are several reasons to consider other options before installing these windows.
Plantation shutters offer an elegant and charming window treatment option for the home or office. The shutters can provide privacy from direct sunlight while also helping to regulate the temperature inside the house. While they can cost a bit more than others, the adage that you get what you pay for certainly applies here. You can purchase plantation shutters in a variety of styles, sizes, finishes and installation methods. Some of the more popular options include:
While many people may choose to install plantation shutters as draperies, they are not limited to this option. They can also be used as window treatments as well. If you need extra privacy but are not concerned about the amount of sunlight allowed in, these blinds make a great alternative. Some of the reasons to choose these window treatments include:
- They provide more privacy than standard blinds
- They can keep the sun out of rooms where other window treatments are preferred, such as the bedroom or bathroom.
- They are easy to operate and maintain
- They are offered in a wide variety of styles
- They come in various woods and fabrics including wood, aluminium, PVC, faux wood, vinyl, polyester and other material
- The hardware for this window covering is available in many colours and finishes
- They can be opened and closed just as simple louvres do
- They are energy efficient
- They are considered one of the cheapest windows covering materials on the market
- If you want to install them yourself, you can do so with relative ease
- They provide superior insulation compared to standard window coverings
- Plantations shutters are incredibly durable
- The wood is not susceptible to rotting, cracking or warping. If damaged, repairing them is relatively simple
- Shutters made of wood tend to be less expensive than those made of other materials
- They require minimal cleaning
If you want to have your window coverings, consider the benefits above when deciding which type of material is best for your home. If you decide to install Plantation Shutters Adelaide on your home, check if your building codes require them before starting your project. In most cases, they will be. So, if you wish to know more, check it out here.
Installing Plantation Shutters Adelaide offers homeowners a way to reduce their expenses and increase their homes’ value. This is because they are long-lasting and durable. The amount of time it takes to install them will depend on the number of windows that need to be covered. Remember to check your local building codes’ rules and regulations before beginning any project to ensure the safety and durability of your new window coverings.
These blinds are quite durable compared to the wood blinds and vinyl drapes. Shutters are usually coated with a hardening agent that makes them long time durable. Typical vinyl plantation shutters will last up to 15 years if proper care is done. Many homeowners and interior designers are incorporating these window treatments in their homes to give it an elegant and sophisticated look.
Another benefit is that they are straightforward to clean. You can use regular dusting and wiping to maintain their look and functionality. With proper care and maintenance, you can expect these products to withstand high humidity, heat, cold, sunlight and other environmental fluctuations. Also, they are available in many different styles, colours and finishes. For example, some plantation shutters are available in natural colours such as white, beige, and brown. Others may also be available in warm or cool colours such as red, blue, green, and yellow.